Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fabrics

The sun is shining today, making me feel all 'summer'ie. Tho' I am under no illusions that summer is anywhere close to being here in the Pacific Northwest. Oh, no, we are several weeks (and hopefully, not months!) away from summer here. It will be raining until, if not past, the 4th of July...
Wait, where was I, I was saying, the sun shining today made me feel 'summer'ie and getting the itch to lighten things up. Made me start thinking about some of my favorite decorating fabrics...
 

Ticking, burlap, muslin and duck cloth. 

They feel so light and airy...kinda, well  'summer'ie! Some might call these bland, blah, even yuck! When I was purchasing some burlap recently the salesperson asked me what I wanted that 'scratchy stuff' for. But I love them, all of them. I love the simplicity, the understatement, the feeling of simpler times gone by. I use them for everything: covering pillows, table clothes, book covers, wreaths, even Christmas decorations and packaging. Do yourself a favor, next time you find yourself at the craft or fabric store, pick up a few yards of these simple fabrics. You will feel like you took a deep breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home