Monday, June 6, 2011

It's Summertime...Time to Pack Your Suitcase

Headed east of the mountains this weekend to visit family and fell upon a neighborhood garage sale quite by accident near Cle Elum. It was more than a neighborhood garage sale though...it was the Roads of Wonder Community Yard Sale which is apparently an annual event with breakfast and BBQ lunch provided. It is at the Sun Country Estates Golf Course off of I-90. For those from these parts it would be worth marking the calendar to try to hit it next year. Part of the proceeds go to help fund a good cause each year, this year funds went towards the Carpenter Library. I'll give you a sneak peak at what I found...
Yep, scored me some old suitcases...
For just eight George Washington's each...
Already found a home for this one,,,
It became my instant favorite when the sweet lady selling them to me told me her mother use to strap it to the back of the Ford Model T on summer road trips. I can just picture it, can't you...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

Awesome suitcases. We'll definitely have to hit that yard sale next year. And I see you made a return trip to TJ Maxx.... love it!!

June 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger The Kogans said...

Still mad Evan didn't let me buy at least one!

June 15, 2011 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

You're killing me! I've been looking for old suitcases everywhere! I found one at goodwill so far. But those are an awesome find.

June 17, 2011 at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home