Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Entryway Redo

I have a space in my house that I have been meaning to get to for some time. Above our front door is one of those decorative elements, a nice little niche just for decorating, that builders will sometimes add to make homes more appealing. I have found this space to be somewhat of, well, a pain! When we moved into this house 2 1/2 years ago I just threw a few things up there so it would not be an empty space, meaning to get to it soon....and...you guessed it, those things were still there after 2 1/2 years later (and I have the dust to prove it because, yeah, you guessed it, haven't even been up there to dust in 2 1/2 years either!)
So, the other day I had finally had enough! I rounded up some things I had been collecting as I was out and about that I had not found a home for and this is what I came up with...
Finally, a space I love to look at now! Here is a 'shopping list' of how it came together.
Sticks: IKEA purchase I already had up there
Hat Boxes: previous IKEA purchase that were just sitting around
Cabinet: Home Good's purchase $80
Quilt: Walmart clearance $16
Live Your Life on Purpose Sign: own creation click here to get your own 
Tin Buckets: garage sale finds $1
Vintage Ladder: junkin' find $10
Iron Sphere: had for years, already had up there

Had so much fun creating this space from things I already had on hand. I once heard the phrase 'I already have everything I need.' I like to think of that as I am creating new spaces sometimes. While it is fun to go out and get new things, it really gives a sense of accomplishment to create something 'new' from items you already have. Pulling them all together and seeing it 'bloom' before your eyes...there is nothing better!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

Love how it looks and totally agree with the satisfaction you get from pulling together a great new look from things you already have on hand. I recently did that with my mantel and it felt GREAT!

August 2, 2011 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

It looks great! I love the ladder!

August 3, 2011 at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home