Friday, December 9, 2011

FarmTable

So you may remember this blog from October? I began my attempt to turn a wood crate into a farm table for my dining room. If you will remember, my plan for legs for it failed miserably and I determined I would have to find a new solution. Which I actually did do rather promptly. Just a few days later I stopped by The Millwork Outlet that is located literally a stone's throw from my home. The owner of this little playground, Dan Drllevich, was kind enough to walk me around in his treasure trove for the better part of an hour, searching for items that might work for legs to my table. I finally settled on these:
Dan told me the whole history of these posts that were used in North Eastern Washington in the water system quite a few years back. They have an amazing texture that my gut told me would look amazing sanded down and stained.
So, we loaded them up and away I went...and they sat in my garage for several weeks...you know how that goes. One day though, I found some time to have my husband haul out the saw, cut them to the correct table leg length and I got them stained.
 I set the unfinished table top on the legs to see how it was shaping up and I was excited to see how it was taking shape...but I still had a ways to go. Several more days, perhaps weeks went by and then one day I found time to stain the table top!
Brrr! is it cold in the garage! But I was one step closer to having my table! Several more days went by, and I think this time it really may have just been a few days, okay, maybe one week...and my husband was able to fasten the legs to the table and we brought it in the house!
Can you hear the angels singing?! I was so excited to have it in the house. I had done it!! (with a lot of help of course!)
A friend of mine put it perfectly. When she came by to see my new creation she said, 'Oh my, are you just in love?!' 
Why yes, I believe I am.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tiffini said...

very nice:) Love farmhouse tables
and yes..I have projects like that too
days..weeks.and sadly..months
have a beautiful weekend
xo

December 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE the table...thank you for sharing this!

December 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Very cool Amber! Nice work!

December 16, 2011 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Zappe Family said...

Love it!!

January 2, 2012 at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home