Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Real Trees

We still buy a real tree every year. 
I know more and more people are going to fake trees and it is logical. No mess, you probably save money in the end, depending on how much you spend on your real tree each year. I just can't do it...pine needles clogging the vacuum and all. Christmas is not logical. I love the smell of pine and the tradition...weird as it is...to drag a dead tree in from outside and dress it up for Christmas. I was very happy with our pick this year. We have done it all for getting a tree, even tramping through the snow one year Griswold-style and cutting our own out of the forest (ugliest tree we have ever had). This year we made it real easy, we went to Fred Meyer. Yep, Fred Meyer and found the freshest, best-shaped, most fragrant tree we have had in years and...it cost us just $20.
Probably what I am most proud of here is that I let my 5 year old put all the balls on the tree and I have not moved one...not one! And instead of the ruffled burlap tree skirt I really want around the tree I have the Christmas Village and train the boys love to play with (they use their Matchbox cars to pretend they are visiting each others houses)...instead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home