Monday, November 21, 2016

South Carolina Home Tour Begins

Wow! If you are still with me after that last post
 {aka: hemorrhage of the soul}
I sure appreciate it!
From now on, it will be back to my original format.
Lots of pictures,
few words.
Beginning the official home tour of our new home in South Carolina...
now:
The Living Room
Our 'new' home is almost 20 years old.
There is very little new construction in the little country town we live in.
Most homes are about 15 years old or older. 
We picked the home that we felt had the best 'bones' but knew we would have work to do.
The previous owners were the original owners...
this is what it looked like when we toured it during our house hunting trip:
 Sorry the pictures aren't great, they were quick pics on my phone.

And this is what it looks like now:

This room is to your left as you walk in the front door,
a large front living room.
 The huge built-ins were a major selling point for me.
I pictured them decorated for all the different holidays as we strolled through this room.
 I also loved the fireplace and hearth {although its days as RED brick are probably limited}.
 Another selling point: lovely plantation shutters covered the bottom portion of the windows.
 Now for the changes:
heavy curtains were replaced with simple white roman shades
{hard to see because of the sunlight, have I mentioned how much I love the sunlight?}
 A coat of white paint refreshed and brightened the space.
The hardwoods were refinished and stained an antiqued brown.
 I limited the pallet to white and natural pieces.
 Everything in this room was brought from our former home. 
No need to purchase new items when going from 4000 square feet to 2500.
 Many items found new homes though:
this table was originally a hallway table, the picture above it resided in our master bedroom.
The items in the built-ins came from all over the house.
 We debated moving the white sofa set across the country, so glad we did. 
Perfect in this space.
 You may have noticed the room is currently dressed for Thanksgiving.
 I don't think it's coincidence that I am finally starting to feeling settled as we move into Thanksgiving.
Being grateful for the good in life has been key to moving forward.
 Unpacking familiar decorations certainly was bitter sweet. 
Brought back sweet but difficult memories.
But we move forward...
 One day at a time...
 One foot in front of the other...
up next: dining room.
Check out my redesigned website at:












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home