Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Boys Room Reveal-Our South Carolina Home

When we moved to our new home here in South Carolina
we moved into a smaller house.
With our daughter at college and our son soon to be on his way too,
we decided to downsize.
(Well, inside anyway...our garage(s) and property are way more than we are used to!)
 So each of our sons left at home would have his own room.


 However, I couldn't bear breaking up this bedroom set.
 I get a little attached to things I make with my own hands.
You can read all about when I made these headboards here.
So I went ahead and set up Jackson's bed in Carson's room, 
even though he would have his own room.
I really love the boys' rooms in our new home.
The rooms are identical to each other and are separated by a bathroom.
They sit at the top of the main staircase.
They each have this cute alcove.
A mini hallway to the dormer window
 with a window seat and built in cabinet underneath.
Perfect spot for Carson's drum set.
They also both have double closets.
And they each have a huge storage closet that runs the whole length of their rooms.
(You can see the door to it by the beds).
I have more storage in this house than I know what to do with!
Seriously, never had a home with so much.

And as always, the before pictures:

Updates:
While this room was cute for a girl, it wasn't going to work for either of my boys.
The only updating that was done was having the floor redone and a paint job.
A coat of  Sherwin Williams Mindful Gray made all the difference.
It doesn't even look like the same room!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home